What Do Interim Talent Acquisition Managers Do?
Interim Talent Acquisition Managers play a key role in ensuring recruitment strategies are effective and that the business is planning for future human capital needs. While you may hire them to cover a short term period, the impact they will have on talent acquisition and recruitment processes within your company will last you long past their engagement.
The Talent Acquisition Consultant will work together with the HR or recruitment team, developing short and long term recruitment strategies for the business. They will understand the needs and culture of your organization to incorporate talent into your mix that will excellently match your needs.
Amongst other aspects, Talent Acquisition Specialists’ work will include analyzing current recruitment strategies together with business needs, providing guidance to the team on effective recruitment methods, and overseeing the full recruitment cycle. Most importantly, Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will ensure talent gaps are quickly identified and filled with skilled employees.
Most In-Demand Services of Interim Talent Acquisition Managers
Why Hire Interim Talent Acquisition Managers ?
Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise in recruitment.. They will be able to analyze the current effectiveness of recruitment within the business and understand any areas which need improving or developing. They are able to join a business and make an impact quickly, as they have experience in hitting the ground running. Interim Talent Acquisition Managers have an ‘all hands to the deck’ attitude and will be able to make judgements on the business fairly quickly.
There are many reasons why Interim Talent Acquisition Managers are brought into a business.
Recruit Talent into the Organization
The Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will be responsible for hiring the right people into the organization. They will be responsible for the whole recruitment cycle, including optimizing the recruitment strategy to achieve the best results, designing and improving the recruitment processes. The Interim Talent Acquisition Manager will implement measures which will improve the effectiveness of the recruitment process, including introducing an ATS (Application Tracking Systems), designing assessment centres and tests, and materials for managers to be able to screen CV’s effectively, i.e. score sheets.
Train Recruitment Team
Recruitment teams are often just dealing with advertising vacancies, screening CVs, and arranging interviews. They are usually not involved in recruitment strategies which could be extremely beneficial for improving the long term hiring capabilities of the company. This is why Interim Talent Acquisition Managers can be a great asset to any business. They can develop strategies and train the recruitment team to become more effective in their practices. Interim Talent Acquisition Managers may work alongside other Talent Acquisition consultants
The role of Interim Talent Acquisition Managers is also to build key relationships within the business, including with stakeholders and managers. They have strong communications skills with the ability to bring teams together. The recruitment process can fall down if the communication is not effective, and this is what the Interim Talent Acquisition Manager can bring to the table.
Handle Busy Periods
Interim Talent Acquisition Managers can be particularly beneficial during busy recruitment periods. Most recruitment activity goes through busy and slow periods and Talent Acquisition Managers are able to develop strategies for the most effective ways to deal with the recruitment campaigns. If you need short term assistance, the Interim Talent Acquisition Manager can provide this.
You may be going through a busy recruitment period, but you don’t have the budget to hire a permanent Talent Acquisition Manager. In such cases, the Interim Talent Acquisition Manager is able to quickly settle into the organization and take care of the recruitment process efficiently.
If your recruitment campaign has gone a bit stale, and you need someone to come in for a set period of time with fresh ideas for improving the recruitment strategy, an Interim Talent Acquisition Manager is just the person to do this.
Hiring Interim Talent Acquisition Managers through Consultport is Simple
of Our Experts
1. What makes Consultport Interim Talent Acquisition Managers different?
2. Is hiring Interim Talent Acquisition Managers through Consultport in less than 48 hours possible?
3. What does the “no-risk, pay only if satisfied” mean when I search for Consultport Interim Talent Acquisition Managers ?
Tips on How to Hire Interim Talent Acquisition Managers
If you think hiring Interim Talent Acquisition Managers could be useful for your organization, you may be wondering how to start your search and what you should be looking for. This is where Consultport will step in and provide you with handpicked experts from our talent pool of consultants.
You want to bring someone aboard your ship who will have the necessary skills and expertise to add real value? Even if you are desperate to bring someone in to fulfil the role, it is more costly to make the wrong hiring decision, than to wait until you find the right person. By trusting Consultport, you will be able to mitigate this risk. Nevertheless, choosing the right match from our array of experts is still crucial for you. These are some ways to improve your chances of a successful placement.
- A role as a Talent Acquisition Manager is not the same as a generalist recruitment role. They need specialist experience in recruitment and knowledge of where to look to find appropriate candidates. A good way to evaluate their knowledge is to explore the recruitment sources they have experience in. Do they have expertise in utilising many different sources, such as job boards, headhunting, and social media – or does their expertise not stretch much further than a job board? The more knowledge the candidate has, the better their judgement will be on what will work best for your business.
- How do the Interim Talent Acquisition Managers work? Are they the type of person who needs a lot of instructions or are they able to run a tight ship without anyone overseeing them? As this is an interim role, you need someone who will be able to get their head down and get on with the work. How they generally like to work is a good indication of whether they’ll be able to do this or not. The ideal candidate will be able to to work on their own initiative.
- In this role, the person employed will need to have a strong focus on improving the candidate journey. You can drill down on their experience in this area, their attitude and opinion of what they could do to achieve a positive candidate journey. The ability to provide a positive candidate experience depends on their knowledge within this area and the strategy Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will develop to achieve the best results.
What can you do to ensure the right hire?
Now that you understand their abilities, how do you make sure Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will be the right fit for your business? These are some of the ways you can achieve this.
- Understand their aspirations – the role is strategic, and it is important that you find someone who aspires to drive the business forward. The ability to recruit the best talent is one of the most effective ways to improve the business’ prospects. Is the candidate someone who strives to really make a difference? This is particularly important in an interim role, as they need to be able to achieve results in a short period of time.
- Will they fit into your culture? – The right culture fit is just as important as the level of expertise. Would the candidate get on with and be able to lead the recruitment team? Do they have the ability to bring the team together? These are important points to consider and question during the selection process.
- What do they know about your business? – Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will be able to get to grips with the business extremely quickly. It is a good idea to hire someone with expertise within your industry. Find out what they know about your business, the industry, and your competitors. It is important that they have a good general knowledge to be able to make a difference within the organization and know what to look for in the talent they are acquiring.
- Do they have the right soft skills? Knowledge of the role is one thing, but what about their soft skills? This type of role requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage relationships. They should be able to lead a team, be highly motivated and organized. They should also be highly focused on strategies and the company’s vision for the future.
Interim Talent Acquisition Managers can make the difference to your recruitment processes within a short period of time. They can bring the right talent into the organization using the most effective strategies. Whether you need assistance for a project, to cover a role temporarily or restructure your talent acquisition processes, Interim Talent Acquisition Managers will provide the support you need.